Thursday, November 27, 2014

Special Thanks To




It’s that time of year. The time when we pause to thank those who have had the biggest influence on us. The time when we pause and thank God for all of His blessings! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I thought I would devote a short post to counting my blessings from this year. I have striven to breakdown my thanks into separate categories.

 

My Family


I am incredibly thankful for my family! I have the honor of being raised by two amazing God-fearing parents. My father is truly one of the greatest men I know. He is humorous often but can also be very serious. He follows God with all his heart and provides for our family. If I can become half the man he is, I will have done well. My mother is an awesome mom! She sacrificed her career to become a stay at home mom and give my siblings and me the privilege of being homeschooled. She has enthralled me with a love of history, a joy of learning, and has shown me what a servant’s heart looks like. I pray that God will give me a wife as wonderful as her!

I am also thankful for my brothers. John, my closest brother, keeps me centered in the real world. Where my abstract thinking could pull me away on a wave of imagination, his sense of the physical keeps my feet on the ground. While we rarely see eye-to-eye, John is willing to support and go along with many of my harebrained schemes! He is also my worst critic. Whenever I am unsure of a speech, I present it to John and allow his keen eye to catch the mistakes I have overlooked. My youngest siblings have permitted me to practice being a mentor on them. They look up to me and I strive to be worthy of their admiration.

My Friends


I am blessed with a circle of close friends. I am thankful for my friend Wes, my oldest and dearest friend. While we don’t see one another as often as we used to, Wes has helped me to strive to do my best. His overcoming of adversity has inspired me to face each obstacle head on! Like John, he as permitted me to bounce many an idea off him and give me honest feedback.  

I am thankful for my friend Phoebe. While she is a relatively recent addition to my repertoire of friends, I have enjoyed getting to know her. She has listened with great patience to my philosophical ramblings and has shown me what things look like from a young woman’s point of view. She has also done me the privilege of writing a guest post for this blog!

I am thankful for my friends at my homeschool co-op. Two young men in particular deserve a mention: my cousin Alex, who has been a family shoulder to lean on and an advisor when one was needed. He, and extravert, has helped to break me out of my introverted bubble! David, my other friend, has been a listening ear and has always had interesting input on whatever I want to discuss!

While I didn’t have room to list every one of my friends, I value each and every one of them. God has blessed me with some great friends! I am also thankful for you, my readers. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog!

 

My Place in History


I am incredibly blessed to live in The United State of America at this point in history! I truly love my country, state, and city! While they are all falling deeper into sin, this is still a great nation. I am blessed to live in a place where education is available and opportunities for employment abound! I do not wish to take that for granted!

My God


Finally, I am thankful for my God! I am continually amazed that God saw me, a wretched sinner, and chose to come to Earth and take my punishment! I deserved eternal Hell for my willful disobedience to Him but He gave me life, and that more abundantly! I have the honor of praising Him with my life by serving Him forever!

 

Other Things


Here’s a brief list of a few other things I am thankful for:

My Office

 

My Action Figure Collection

 

Theological Books

 

Bible Commentaries

 

Bible Concordances

 

Interlinear Bibles

 

Classical Music

 

MP3s

 

CDs

 

Ralph Vaughan Williams Music

 

Chocolate

 

Coffee

 

Paved Roads

 

Vehicles

 

Shakespeare Plays

 

Great Literature

 

Books

 

The Smell of Old Books

 

Libraries

 

Museums

 

Philosophy

 

Psychology

 

Macintosh Computers

 

My Laptop

 

The Internet

 

Gmail

 

Facebook

 

Blogger

 

Microsoft Office

 

iTunes

 

iLife

 

The Turkey That Valiantly Gave Its Life That We May Enjoy it!

 

And So Many More Things Than I Can List!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Paved roads and sacrificial poultry; amen! I'm honored to have been included in your list! I hope you're having a splendid Thanksgiving!

    -Phoebe

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! One of the reasons I blog is to interact with my readers. Don't hesitate to leave your thoughts or contact me with any comments, questions, or concerns. - James